Lit Review: Quantifying the Value of Open Source Hardware
Who: Joshua M. Pearce, Professor at Michigan Technological University
What: A Research Paper expounding the monetary value of Open Source Hardware
Where: On the Internet Here
When: Early 2015
The Gist: This paper tries to quanitfy the monetary value of hardware made with open source tenets.
- Actual Math for Open Source Development!
- Good Walkthrough of the math formaulas
- Real World Example using the formulas
- Very dense
- Hard for non-math professionals to read the math formulas
- Conclusion does not give good layman explanation of data
- Can this formuala be applied to open source software?
- Has this fornula been used for other open source hardware projects?
- What other research is there about Open Source Hardware?
tl;dr: a squish of cherry mustard on jorts